Bundoora Family Dental Clinic offers affordable dental crowns and bridges to our patients in a peaceful and professional environment. Our clinic is perfectly located to provide our dental veneers to Melbourne clients from across the North East suburbs, including Bundoora, Greensborough, Watsonia, Rosanna, Mill Park, Heidelberg, Ivanhoe, Macleod, Reservoir, Lalor, Mernda and South Morang.
What Is a Crown?
A crown dental treatment involves covering a damaged tooth with a ‘cap’ that helps improve its appearance, alignment, size and strength. A dentist will typically recommend a dental crown treatment for teeth that have been damaged or weakened in some way, including situations where:
- A weak tooth needs protection from decay or fracturing
- A broken or worn-down tooth needs restoring
- A tooth with a very large filling needs to be covered and strengthened
- A dental bridge needs to be attached
- A dental implant needs to be covered
Children can also benefit from a crown or porcelain veneers treatment on their primary (baby) teeth in certain cases – for example, where a very badly decayed tooth needs saving but can’t support a filling.
The Difference Between Crowns and Veneers
Bundoora Family Dental Clinic offers both crowns and teeth veneers to Melbourne clients. While they can create the same cosmetic result, there are a few differences between crowns and porcelain veneers, including:
- Crowns encase the whole tooth while veneers only cover the front
- Teeth veneers are much thinner than crowns
- More preparatory tooth trimming is required for crowns
- Dental veneers are more suited to purely cosmetic applications, whereas crowns can be used to correct more extensive damage.
For more information on our affordable dental crowns, bridges and veneers, please don’t hesitate to contact our clinic on (03) 9467 7433.