The old saying “prevention is better than a cure” is never truer than when it comes to oral health. Putting in the necessary preventative dental care early on can help you avoid a whole lot of stress, discomfort and expense down the track, including issues such as:
- Gum disease (gingivitis)
- Enamel wear
- Periodontitis (a serious gum infection)
Our Preventative Dental Program
At Bundoora Family Dental Clinic, we offer a leading service in general dentistry to Melbourne families from Bundoora, Greensborough, Watsonia, Rosanna, Mill Park, Heidelberg, Ivanhoe, Macleod, Reservoir, Lalor, Mernda and South Morang.
Our preventative dentistry program covers:
- A thorough dental examination
- Scaling and cleaning
- Prophy polishing
- Dental x-rays
- Fluoride treatment
Depending on your oral health, we generally recommend that you visit us every six months for a professional clean and examination. This will help us detect any issues before they become more difficult and expensive to treat.
Make your appointment for general dentistry with Melbourne’s leading family dental clinic today.
Home Preventative Dental Care
Of course, visits to the dentist are only half the story. To keep your teeth in top condition, you should also aim to:
- Brush daily (using fluoride toothpaste, and with a toothbrush you replace every 3 to 4 months
- Floss daily (to get all those nooks and crannies your toothbrush can’t reach)
- Eat a balanced diet – Limit your sugar intake, drink lots of water, and eat a variety of foods to make sure you’re getting all the vitamins you need for a healthy smile.
For more information on our general dentistry measures, please contact our Melbourne clinic on (03) 9467 7433.